Re: [Paparazzi-devel] rotorcraft / throttle sensitivity / rate mode

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] rotorcraft / throttle sensitivity / rate mode
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 13:10:46 +0200

Hi again,

Regarding motors spinning up when disarming via zero throttle full yaw:
We could probably add something that doesn't pass through the yaw command if you have zero throttle in the read_rc functions...
Added an issue/feature request for that: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/736

Regarding yaw behavior, are you talking about rate or attitude mode?

In attitude mode, the yaw stick "simply" changes the yaw setpoint with a maximum rate of STABILIZATION_ATTITUDE_SP_MAX_R at full yaw stick.
This yaw setpoint is then passed to the attitude reference model (roughly meaning it will "smooth" your attitude setpoint and calculate reference rates and accelerations to reach that attitude setpoint). The main parameter to adjust the "speed" of the yaw reference is STABILIZATION_ATTITUDE_REF_OMEGA_R.

You can also look at increasing STABILIZATION_ATTITUDE_REF_MAX_R so that this limit doesn't really come into effect.
We could probably remove the REF_MAX_x parameters as in most cases they should not really be used (meaning it should be set such that they actually don't limit it).
Already discussed here: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/pull/663

Cheers, Felix