Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem with rotorcraft vertical guidance

From: alonso acuña
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem with rotorcraft vertical guidance
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 22:19:12 -0600

Hi. I think the Takeoff block should have a GuidanceVSetRef(0,0,0)  . Some changes are needed for this to work. This would make sure to start from 0 even if previously the reference was set to other value by clicking another block or from a previous entrance to the Takeoff block which did not actually produce a takeoff because of kill switch, motors not armed etc.  Given that most users are not even aware of the altitude reference concept they would expect everything to work when clicking the takeoff button again, regardless of what happened before.
For that same reason probably a call to GuidanceVSetRef would be confusing and could cause even more trouble if someone changes the parameters. So I think we need to add something that will reset the ref without further trouble to the user.

After all the changes to make the take off safer it has become very complicated:

  <block name="Takeoff" strip_button="Takeoff" strip_icon="takeoff.png">
      <exception cond="stateGetPositionEnu_f()->z > 4" deroute="Standby"/>
      <set value="stateGetNedToBodyEulers_i()->psi" var="nav_heading"/>
      <call fun="NavSetWaypointHere(WP_CLIMB)"/>
      <call fun="NavSetAltitudeReferenceHere()"/>
      <call fun="GuidanceVSetRef(0,0,0)"/>
      <stay climb="0.5" vmode="climb" wp="CLIMB"/>
    </block>