Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi Lisa/M v2 magnetometer not working?

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi Lisa/M v2 magnetometer not working?
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:02:42 +0200

We had a similar problem using directly the hmc5883 (not through the mpu like aspirin). It seems that if you configure the reading mode (to continious mode) before the first initial reading of the sensor (which occurs after 1.3s in the worst case), the configuration is reset to 0 (one shot mode). This problem is solved for all IMU using the general hmc58xx driver (in sw/airborne/peripherals) but I think it is not the case of the aspirin V2.1 which is controlling the mag as a slave of the mpu (sw/airborne/subsystems/imu/imu_aspirin_2_spi.c), so not using the direct driver. I suggest to add a delay before the configuration of the mag, I think this will solve your problem.

Gautier