Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry not starting.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry not starting.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:14:51 +0200

Hi Wolfgang,

You are right, I tried a capacitor like suggested, but it did not help.

I have not found the issue. If I remember correctly, when I tried the same modems on another board (TWOG) they worked fine.
But then again, that Board had other peripherals, like a Drotek IMU instead of the Sparkfun one.

I have used the same  modems earlier in another plane for a long time, and they have worked without fault. That plane was equipped with IR-sensors for attitude control.

I believe that somehow the startup handshake between the modems, or between the autopilot board and airborne modem, crash.
Maybe because communication with other equipment connected to the autopilot starts at the same time. So perhaps tweaking some timers would solve this.

I have a couple of AC4790 modems, and I switched to these without changing anything else. Communication has worked perfectly since then.

I am sorry i can not help. I feel sure the modems are ok, but may be they are sensitive with respect to the handshake timing. I will definitely try to use them elsewhere.

Helge.

Hi Helge,

I am struggling with exactly the same problem with my 2.4 GHz Xbee Pro Series 2 on Tiny 2.1.1 with PPRZ V5.1.1 on Ubuntu 13.10.

Communication starts scarcely, in many cases only after compilation and flashing, but afterwards never again.

I have two sets of Xbees. Both behave the same way.

The problem does not occur when I run my old PPRZ from the Xmas 2008 CD-ROM on the same hardware with the same Xbee configurations.

Did you find a fix?

I can't believe that the extra capacitor helps, because the links runs with the old PPRZ.

Thanks for help,

Wolfgang