[Paparazzi-devel] FROZEN Compass Output on RAW Sensors

From: Metalman Baris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] FROZEN Compass Output on RAW Sensors
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:39:37 +0300

HI,

Issue:  Aspirin v2.2 HMC data freezes after power-on

When the issue occurs I have also checked the other sensors on the board, it seems IMU_ACCEL_RAW and IMU_GYRO_RAW are updated correctly.

The error counter of telemetry for IMU_MAG_RAW is not increasing so I`ve monitored the I2C line via Logic analyzer and I saw that HMC sends same data output via I2C everytime.

After checking the HMC datasheet, I am suspicious about lock state of SR1 bit of HMC status register. Datasheet states that "When this bit is set, the six data output registers are locked and any new data will not be placed".

I am still digging and try to solve this problem but I wonder that is the issue board specific or has someone face an issue like that?

Regards,