[Paparazzi-devel] Advanced Navigation for Rotorcraft

From: Sebastian Mai
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Advanced Navigation for Rotorcraft
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:57:40 +0200

Hi folks,

I want to implement something like an advanced navigation routine [1] for our
research group - but the advanced navigation seems to be only available for
fixedwing airframes.
Is there something simmilar for rotorcrafts, or is there a possibility to use
the advanced navigation for rotorcrafts as well?

Specifically we want to use sonar sensors and optical flow to navigate indoors,
but have not found a good spot to place our custom-navigation code. (Currently
we use the attitude-command in the flightplan to set an attitude given by our
sensor-module which really isn't a good solution.)

Greetings from Magdeburg
Basti

[1] http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Advanced_Navigation_Routines