Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PWM ESC - TURNIGY PLUSH Problem

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PWM ESC - TURNIGY PLUSH Problem
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:46:49 +0200

Hi,
same ideas:

Test the ESC with you normal  RC system without paparazzi.
When do the motor start?
Stick position 20% 60% of the full stick way?
Sometimes the controller lean the full stick way range  (in the range of 1ms to 2ms pulse)  after power on.
If this happens you have to apply the min and max. stick position after power on.
The the controller lean to work with the 50% to 90% setting  (1,5ms to 1,9ms) of  you paparazzi setting.
A second problem is often the motor brake. You have to disable it for the use in multicopters.
I use Turnigy  ESC in my mutiwii muticopter and have no problems with them.

Regards

Heinrich

Metalman Baris schrieb:

HI everybody.... I have a simple question on Lisa/M and PWM ESC

when we calibrate our Turnigy PLUSH ESC min max values (by using and RC receiver connected to ESC, and started on MAX value.. according to the procedure in the datasheet of ESC) after then, when we connect the ESC to paparazzi board the ESC starts always in programming mode we checked the signals using a oscilloscope the signal in the receiver I use for min-max calibration works between %20 to %50 duty cycle but the paparazzi setting is 1000 to 1950 (which is %50 to %90 duty cycle)

does anybody have an idea what should I do to use TURNIGY ESC on paparazzi ???

Thanks