Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Appropriate force feedback joystick to use with ff

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Appropriate force feedback joystick to use with ffjoystick.c
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:26:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Enes,

> Yesterday, I watched a ppz video about usage of force feedback joystick
>

> *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftki1p5iW1c
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftki1p5iW1c>*
> Also, I saw that force feedback joystick has already implemented in
> paparazzi/sw/logalizer/ffjoystick.c
>
> Then I decided to buy a joystick with force feedback mechanism.
>
> I wonder that, which model is compatible with ffjoystick.c?

that video is from 2008 and was just a quick hack to see if it would work. There
is not much sense in the force feedback other than making a video from it. The
control was rather crude and the joystick usually stopped doing what it was told
after some seconds (that's what happens towards the end). I don't remember what
joystick it was, maybe a Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D?

It means some work to get that old stuff to work, probably not worth it, sorry.

Martin