Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Command line autonomous flights with Parrot AR Dro

From: MikeK
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Command line autonomous flights with Parrot AR Drone 2.0?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 19:42:14 -0700 (MST)

Thank you for you reply!

I've read through the links you've provided me and it answers most of my
questions. I would like a clarification though - from what I read it seems
that you have to build the flight plans into the firmware, upload firmware
to start flying, and the flight plans in the firmware are static unless
changed by "misson control"? Or can you upload flight plans after the
firmware has been loaded?

I suppose what I'm asking is if I need to upload firmware for each flight
plan, or can I send a message from an event on the GCS computer to trigger a
particular flight path after firmware is loaded? I essentially want to
receive a GPS coordinate(s) and send the drone there and back without
needing to build the firmware, if that's possible.

I know there's two different paparazzi modes for the AR Drone 2.0
http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/AR_Drone_2/getting_started_advanced#Inroduction
- this only really deals with the control loop and nothing to do with the
flight plans and the like, correct?

Thanks again
-Mike