Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA2 setup for fixed wing

From: Rolf Noellenburg
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA2 setup for fixed wing
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 11:16:44 +0100

Hello Bob,

nice to hear that.
Just an idea: maybe it is easier to start with the traditional control without airspeed, get the plane into the air and tune it proberly. When you are more familiar with inflight tuning you can still switch to airspeed controlled flight since it can be a mess to tune. Just my 2 cents. By the way: getting the simulated aircraft to fly nicely helped me a lot to understand the basic interrelationships of the different gains.

As a matter of fact I just had to follow my own advise: I had some trouble with a module for the last couple of days which worked in version 4.2 and refused to cooperate in 5.2. Now it is working flawlessly after reading and following the airframe configuration page ... you never stop learning.

Best regards
Rolf