Re: [Paparazzi-devel] XSens 700 and airplane on-screen orientation.

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] XSens 700 and airplane on-screen orientation.
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 17:42:45 +0100

Hi Lazy,

Sorry I did not follow this post yet. Sorry about your orientation issues. I can not test this at the moment.

I do not know what is in master at the moment. I always setup the XSens to North-East-Down = aerospace default.

What I always do is to select telemetry-mode calibrated in the GCS and check all signs of all gyro (roll right positive, pitch up positive, yaw right positive) and accelerometers (nose down: x=-9.81, right wing down: y=-9.81, bottom down: z=-9.81).

Then, in fixedwing mode all the euler angles are copied directly from the XSens. If pitch is reversed, put a minus in

  struct FloatEulers att = {
    -ins_phi+ins_roll_neutral,
    ins_theta+ins_pitch_neutral,
    -ins_psi
  };

Putting a minus/plus/-180 will not affect the stability of the XSens nor the integrity of attitude computations as the XSens does not care.

-Christophe