Re: [Paparazzi-devel] News of the world

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] News of the world
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 17:08:26 +0100

Hi Gautier

Great, looks like real adventure!

You might want to post a news note on the Wiki front page.

Happy Landings
Reto

Hello Paparazziers,

During three days this week, the Enac UAV team was at Atmospheric Research Center of Lannemezan (close to the Pyrenees in the south of France) for a flight campaign with Meteo-France. The goal was to prepare several meteorological planes for research studies that will be held next month in Cyprus.

Despite pretty harsh conditions, we have been able to fly several aircraft (Skywalker X6, Easystar, Funjet) at various altitudes up to 1400 m AGL.

Surprisingly our biggest issue was the heating of the ESC. The attached pictures speak for themselves why this was unexpected...

Also a video of a previous campaign at the same spot with a better weather: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOxEK0GESeQ

Regards,

Gautier Hattenberger
for Enac UAV Lab