Re: [Paparazzi-devel] digital_cam.xml

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] digital_cam.xml
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 14:58:11 +0100

Hi Kristofer,

the module periodic function (in this case gpio_cam_ctrl_periodic) runs at the frequency you specify via the freq param.
There is no hidden division or something like that.
The maximum frequency is the MODULES_FREQUENCY (defaults to the PERIODIC_FREQUENCY) and must be <= PERIODIC_FREQUENCY.
You set these in your airframe file and it will also show you the values if you compile the firmware with the "print config at build time" checkbox checked.

What frequency were you looking at? What is your x?
Consider that the shutter is "pressed/pushed" for DC_SHUTTER_DELAY periodic cycles.
See also http://docs.paparazziuav.org/latest/module__digital_cam.html

Lastly, what do you actually want to achieve that you need such a high camera trigger rate? Maybe using this module is not the right choice for you...

Cheers, Felix