Re: [Paparazzi-devel] solving vibration problem using better sensors?

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] solving vibration problem using better sensors?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 20:28:34 +0200

Hi,
for multikopter the use of temperature flow based acceleration sensor MXR9500 was a solution.
This sensor has a 17Hz bandwidth.
The question is in rwhich region lays the vibration generated by the IC enigine. There are some documentation of damping the sensors with a wood box and floan by the use of paparazzi..
You can try the old IR sensors. There have no problems with vibbrations.
Perhebs  a easy way to solve your probelm.

Regads

Heinrich

John-papa schrieb:

Hi all,
I was experiencing some problems regarding vibrations in my ground tests
using an Apogee v1.00 board on a 20 cc gasoline engine fixed wing.  The IMU
drifts away after a specific amount of time and the attitude diverges. It is
certainly due to vibrations. My question is that is it possible to get more time before AHRS values
diverge with better grade accel/gyro sensors such as Analog Device brand?
replacing the sensors with better grade MEMs sensors help? Thank you in advance, John