Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lia 1.1 w/ Aspirin 2.2 - AP Failure Problems

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Lia 1.1 w/ Aspirin 2.2 - AP Failure Problems
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 23:02:28 +0200

Hi Hunter,

you get this message if fbw goes into FAILSAFE mode. See also https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Failsafe
Since your RC signal is obviously fine, it seems that you get an AP data timeout...

And I guess you are also using AHRS_TRIGGERED_ATTITUDE_LOOP that runs the controller (and transfers the commands via inter_mcu to fbw) only when you get new estimates from the AHRS.
Did you check if the PFD shows a correct attitude? Did you do proper pre-flight tests? Like checking that in AUTO1 the control surfaces move appropriately when tilting the aircraft in the hand?

If yes, then it might be a bug....
I would probably first remove that define from your airframe file and let the attitude_loop be normally triggered periodically with CONTROL_FREQ as is the default.
Also what paparazzi_version are you using?

Hope that helps,
Felix