Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Futaba SBUS through R/C connector on Umarim

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Futaba SBUS through R/C connector on Umarim
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 10:23:17 +0200

Hi,

If plan to use an UART input for SBUS, you'll also need to invert the signal (the SBUS signal is not a standard serial: different idle level, unusual baud rate), and as you figured it, there is only two UART on Umarim board. An no easy solution:
- fix the gps-i2c driver if you are using an ublox gps.
- implement gpio based (probably better use the input capture pin (PPM)) to read the signal by hand (benefit is that you don't need the inverter, but it will generate a lot of interrupts).
- write an spi driver for XBee.
- use an Apogee board (unfortunately a bit difficult to find these days... ).

Gautier