Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Futaba SBUS through R/C connector on Umarim

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Futaba SBUS through R/C connector on Umarim
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:05:14 +0200

Hi,

Le 14/06/2015 15:00, Joseph Muhlhausen a écrit :
Hi Gautier Thanks this is very useful. I had not thought about the interrupts.

I did a little bit more research:
- There is a SBUS to CPPM from Frsky which I tested. It works well but it becomes an anagogic signal and the SBUS SIGNAL_LOST bit is not carried through.
It all depends on the behavior of the converter when the signal is lost. If it keep sending a "failsafe" value, you'll not be able to tell if it is lost, but if the signal becomes null, you'll have the info.

A hack we did some time ago for lpc21 is to use the led signal of the receiver (if the color is changed/tuned off when the signal is lost) and put this to a GPIO input. Then you need to define some stuff to turn this into RC_LOST signal.

See sw/airborne/arch/lpc21/subsystems/radio_control/ppm_arch.h:54
And for the airframe (for pin P0.17):

    <subsystem name="radio_control" type="ppm">
      <define name="USE_PPM_RSSI_GPIO"/>
      <define name="PPM_RSSI_IOPIN" value="IO0PIN"/>
      <define name="PPM_RSSI_PIN" value="17"/>
      <define name="PPM_RSSI_VALID_LEVEL" value="0"/>
    </subsystem>

- I can use a Lisa M2 (easier to find) with an inverter.
I guess it should work, but I don't use Lisa boards

- I could write a SBUS serial driver for I2C? (I am not sure about this one).
I don't think it works

How difficult would it be to write and SPI driver for xbee?
I never tried, probably a bit annoying....

Gautier

Joseph