[Paparazzi-devel] AMSYS AMS 5812 adressing

From: Joseph Muhlhausen
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] AMSYS AMS 5812 adressing
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 20:18:27 -0400

I am a little confused about the wiki entry for AMSYS AMS 5812

According to the wiki, paparazzi communicates with AMS at 0xE8 by default, but unless I get a USB starter kit ($130) I won't know what the default address is for the sensor.

Reading AMS data sheet on page 8, it look like the default slave adresse is 0x78
Also the wiki page seems to imply that 0xF0 is always available.

Do I need to get a starter kit and program 0xE8 as the proper address or can I just change the address in airspeed amsys.c line 36 to 0x78 or 0xF0 without generating any conflict?

Thanks,
Joseph