Re: [Paparazzi-devel] No telemetry

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] No telemetry
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:33:40 +0200

Hi Evgeni!

What do you actually mean under "when the board is powered I start XCTU and can detect the S1"?
Do you see the data flow in the xctu terminal?

Hi all,

I can't get my Lisa/Mv2.0 to communicate with the GCS installed on Ubuntu 14.04.

My configuration:
LisaM with Aspirin 2.2 from 1 bit 2, connected via a DRX R615X receiver to a DX4e transmitter @ UART2, and via a Xbee Pro S1 and an Xbee Pro 802.15.4 usb adapter to my laptop.

What I tried:
1. Checked the connection between the Lisa and the Xbee. UART2: Rx -> DOUT; Tx -> DIN; +3V3 -> VCC; GND -> GND; 2. Checked the configuration of the Xbee-s. Baudrates=57600 and PAN IDs are set, communication was fine between two laptops with XCTU. Also, when the board is powered I start XCTU and can detect the S1.
3. Checked the configuration of the airframe file:
<!-- Communication -->
    <subsystem name="telemetry"     type="transparent">
      <configure name="MODEM_BAUD"  value="B57600"/>
      <configure name="MODEM_PORT"  value="UART2"/>
    </subsystem>

I get no errors when running the Data link program (-d /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 57600) or the gcs. I do get a 'Fatal error: exception Xml.File_not_found("~/./paparazzi/conf/modules/nav_survey_rectangle_rotorcraft.xml")' when I run the Server though.

Other (probably un)related problems:
- The BATT/BIND port of the R615X is connected to UART1 and the bind procedure from https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Lisa/M_v2.0#Binding. The transmitter and receiver are binded (the LED turns on when I power up the receiver) but the servos connected don't move. I suspect the reason might be in settings, but can't verify because no telemetry. - When I try to browse for a different file I get the following error: Selected file '~/paparazzi/conf/airframes/...' should be in ~/./paparazzi/conf/airframes/...'. I did set the ENV variables to my ppz folder. There is a workaround, but I guess it might be related to the Server error.

I am open to any suggestions, since I've checked multiple times everywhere I could think to check.

Thanks!