[Paparazzi-devel] Question, well, clarity around something I recently sa

From: David Conger
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Question, well, clarity around something I recently saw online...DroneKit
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 13:17:02 -0400

Someone pointed me at DroneKit http://python.dronekit.io/about/overview.html
Now I have a pretty good memory, if we ever spoke, wrote, chat I
remember it...I remember, likely in IM chatting with Antoine back in
the Booz days about FMS ... from what I remember in that chat it was
DroneKit in the idea that you had a way to interact with the flight
code via an application on another processor (Lisav1) or TWOG or
something external doing other apps.
Isn't that was FMS was about? Antoine?
Ironic also because DroneKit sounds like something built with Qualcomm
seed money recently and I used to work at QCOM (2002-2011) and flew
Paparazzi around there all the time in 2009-2011)...irony in that
after I go they finally decide drones are popular enough to work on.
So, FMS, way to run cool apps on daughter computers etc and send
updates to the flight controller in a programmatic way...exists? Still
working on it? Dead in its tracks??? DroneKit only supports APM based
hardware. Maybe Paparazzi FMS can support everyone? Seems all DroneKit
does is read messages on MavLink if I'm correct.
I just hope to speak correctly about FMS so I pose the question here
before I end up with my foot in my mouth which often happens when I
don't ask questions.
DC
http://www.ppzuav.com