Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ground / airborne interaction

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ground / airborne interaction
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 18:46:07 +0200

Hi Oswald,

cool!

1. That is correct, the integrated error is currently not reset when gains are updated via settings.
However that could easily be added in settings with a "handler" that will reset it when a setting is changed.
Not sure if we really want that to happen every time a gain is changed tough...

2. Hm... good question... Sending RC_4CH messages (what joysticks do) and would be one solution, but I think you currently can't use a regular RC and joystick at the same time.
I think the long-term clean solution would be to set the quad into a sort of external guided attitude mode and send attitude commands via separate datalink messages.

3. To try to find out where the message is dropped, could you try with connecting a usb<->serial cable to the telemetry uart directly and see if you also don't get the setting confirmation?

Cheers, Felix