[Paparazzi-devel] No field allowed after an array field

From: Michal Podhradsky
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] No field allowed after an array field
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 15:42:30 -0700

Hi,

I am measuring a couple of variables with external ADC, connected to the autopilot over i2c. I need to send down the data in a single message, which will look roughly like:

   <message name="BATTERY_MONITOR" id="216">
    <field name="adc_trans_stat"     type="uint8" values="Pending|Running|Success|Failed|Done"/>
    <field name="adc_raw" type="uint16[]" unit="mV"/>
    <field name="adc_temp" type="float[]" unit="C" />
  </message>

but when I have two arrays in the messages I get "No field allowed after an array field" error.

Is there some easy/quick workaround?

Would be possible to implement support for multiple arrays in one message? I have at least 8 channels to read from, so having individual variables both in raw and scaled values would make the message very long and not flexible.

Thanks for info!