[Paparazzi-devel] Auto1 does not work when GPS is lost

From: Refik Sever
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Auto1 does not work when GPS is lost
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 00:43:17 +0300

Hello,

We noticed that Auto1 mode does not work, when GPS is lost.  We checked this situation and we saw that it is related with "Launch" variable:

When "Launch=0", Auto1 mode works, regardsless of the GPS.

When we make "Launch=1" (Using launch button from gui, or settings"),  if GPS is OK Auto1 mode works.  If GPS is lost for once, Auto1 mode does not work. When GPS signal becomes OK again, then Auto1 mode does not automatically start working. We have to click "Mode" and make "auto", to make it work again.

I think that it is a planned behaviour. While flying, IMU is corrected using  GPS, therefore if there is no GPS, then it may be good not to use Auto1. But, why doesn't it automatically start working, when GPS becomes OK?  While flying in Auto1, if the GPS is lost for 2 seconds, then it will take time to understand the situation and press Mode at GCS. During this time, aircraft will be out of control. If it automatically starts working, it may be better I think.

We are using parazzi v5_0.

Cheers,

Refik

Avast logo

Bu e-posta virüslere karşı Avast antivirüs yazılımı tarafından kontrol edilmiştir.