[Paparazzi-devel] PPRZ Complementary Filter

From: flavio_just
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] PPRZ Complementary Filter
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 01:38:33 -0700 (MST)

Hey guys!
I am currently trying to reproduce the PPRZ C.F (ahrs_int_cmpl_euler.c) in
Matlab and for that I am trying to fully understand the equations and the
code itself. (Old version of PPRZ, I have no other choice =/)

I would like to know the following points, if it's possible:
- How the ahrs_align works and how lp_gyro, lp_accel and lp_mag are
calculated (is it the average of the sum of all the samples measured until
that moment?)

- Where is the gyro information of ahrs_propagate put together with accel
info to generate the so called C.F? I can notice ahrs_propagate integrates
the gyro and that ahrs_update_accel uses accel measurements, but where is
the line of code that puts all of them together for roll and pitch
estimations?

- Why is it made a rotation from IMU to BODY always after ahrs_init,
propagates, etc? Can't it be used always the estimations in IMU and only
make the final rotation to BODY after all calculations?

- Finally, I assume that the functions go in this order: Init, Align,
Propagate, update_accel, update_mag. Is that correct? If yes, what is the
name of the variable containing the final att estimations that are uploaded
to the estimator and sent to telemetry?

I know I asked a lot of questions, but I really thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Flavio