[Paparazzi-devel] Understanding the algorithms behind the Quadshot

From: Merkel, Kevin
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Understanding the algorithms behind the Quadshot
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 18:34:40 +0000

Dear Sir or Madam,

my name is Kevin Merkel, 24 years old and studying at Aachen University of Applied Sciences (FH), Germany in the field of Aerospace Engineering. I am in the last semester of my Bachelor studies and I am currently working on my thesis.

My thesis is about the programming of a tilt-rotor aircraft, which is based on a Y4 Quadrocopter with a tilting coaxial front engine. The task is to program the transition between the Quadrocopter and the Fixed-Wing stages. We will be using Paparazzi UAV as autopilot and groundstation.

I read that TU Delfts MAV-LAB has already developed a working transition for a UAV, the Quadshot. I am very interested in the flight control algorithms behind this transition for my own bachelor project. I downloaded Paparazzi UAV and all the git files on my computer and found the Quadshot as a possible autopilot, so I think all the software for it is open source. But I do not seem to find the exact .c files  which are exactly used for the transition. I would be really thankful if you could give me the names of the .c files used, so I could study them more closely.

Thank you very much for your time.

Looking forward hearing from you,

Sincerely,

Merkel Kevin