Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project

From: Pascal Fust
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:22:34 +0200

Hi Kevin,
good to hear that you're successful now - at least it is now clear, why there is a VCC cable on those ESCs.
Regarding your Poti question: first you will need to define the channel of your poti in the Radio XML, although certain entries in the wiki state that you wouldn't need to. With the defined name ("function") of your channel you just adjust the entry in the servo drivers section in the airframe XML, where you define the output channel of your autopilot.

Cheers, Pascal

Hi everyone,

I figured out the ESC issue

Well, I got a lot of help of an electrical master engineer :D

The solution was, to power the ESC with an external Voltage of 5V. But
seriously, which ESC needs an external Power Supply?! I have never seen one
of those before. Well, at least the work (for now ;) @Oswald Berthold)

Now I try to tilt the servo with the Poti of the Spektrum Dx8. Anyone know
how the command for this looks like?

 <subsystem name="radio_control" type="spektrum">
        <define name="RADIO_MODE"     value="RADIO_AUX1"/>
        <define name="???"                       value="RADIO_AUX3"/>
</subsystem>

So far, Kevin