Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 20:37:12 +0200

Hi notoriou5,

The general problem with mixing commands is that if you have multiple at once, the resulting command per motor might be out of range of the motor (too high or low).
This is the problem of saturation and we give roll/pitch/thrust higher priority than yaw (as mentioned in the comments) as we deem the roll/pitch stabilization and thrust more important than yaw such cases.
So first sum up these higher prio commands and then bound the yaw command by the remaining authority.

If you want a stronger effect of your yaw command, set a higher value for YAW_COEF in your motor mixing section.
Depending on how exactly you set things up, you also might want to increase the effect of the yaw command on the tilt servo...
How does your mixing/servo set up look now?

Hope that clears things up,
Felix