Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project

From: Pascal Fust
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:24:17 +0200

Hi Kevin,

not sure if the approach of putting different motor sizes in your coaxial design will solve your problem, as you might then experience different torque moments from the two motors, resulting equally in a spin. Even if you would find a combination of speed for the two units that would balance the individual torque moments, you would have issues each time you change the speed of the motors.
Just a guess...

Cheers,
Pascal

Hi, thanks for explaining.

It makes a lot of sense to give yaw the least authority.

I am still about to figure out the right values of the motor-matrix. But
till now I always get a moment CCW which comes from the coaxial engine. I
guess if I replace the upper one with a smaller one it should work, because
the upper one spins in CW-direction. The upper propeller is destroying the
aerodynamic flow of the bottom one.

It is just playing around with the values at the moment. I tried to use log
files to figure some stuff out but I think until it flies (more or less at
least) I can not figure out anything with it. I hope the logs will help me
with the PID-values later.

So far,

Kevin