Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project

From: notoriou5
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 22:34:51 -0700 (MST)

Hello everyone,

good news today: the quad flies.

I went outside to test it yesterday and it flew very very stable. I am happy
how good it worked. Just a bit of PID-adjustment and it should be fine in
the ATTITUDE_DIRECT Mode. Just the YAW movement is still  there, but I think
this mode does not correct this, right?

I am still a bit confused about the correction of the Yaw-axis. I
specifically undefined my MAG because it did not work very well (I read the
sensor data). How can I use the Gyro to the heading? Or is this not
implemented yet?

I also did test the HOVER_DIRECT Mode but this one did not work so good yet.
In this mode he is supposed to hold his position geographically, right? But
he seemed to drift away (in the forward direction) and did not increase
thrust in the front engines to move a bit backwards. Do I have a wrong idea
of this mode or do I need to adjust some things? I already put the P-value
Hover on 400.
The PID_phi from attitude are these:
P_phi=4000,
D_phi=625,
I_phi=150,
DD_phi=300,

Any ideas how to improve the HOVER Mode?

Thanks a lot for any ideas,

Kevin