[Paparazzi-devel] PaparazziUAV project - control more servos

From: Ivan Fedorov
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] PaparazziUAV project - control more servos
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 06:28:32 +0000 (UTC)

 Hi,

 My name is Ivan, I have an interest in  buinding RC
 planes,  especially EDF jets.
 On this type of jets I typically have many control surfaces
 you need to manage plus I need to manage thrust vectoring as
 well.

 So typically I have many servos to manage (10+) with a
 custom mixes from typical three control inputs (ailerons,
 elevator, rudder).

 My intention is to build an on-board mixer which can take
 these inputs from a receiver and  generate a feed for
 multiple servos.

 I have been researcing what kind of hardware I can use for
 that and your Lisa/S looks fantastic - small, lightweight
 and expandable in case
 I want to put more functions on it.

 However it only has a limited number of servos that it can
 control.

 I wonder if it can be extended to control more servos using
 an idea descrbed here
http://rcarduino.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/arduino-serial-servos-20-servos-4-pins.html

 I would presume if I  take four of Lisa's output pins
 to manage 2*4017 chips and add a relative small piece of
 code to the PaparazziUAV project to control these pins
 accordingly then Lisa could manage up to 20 servos.

 Could you kindly have a look to the URL above and assess the
 idea?
 Is that doable or there would be issues?
 Where custom mixes can be configured?
Could you please suggest what code blocks need to be written?

I could try to develop them then and with your guidance add
 to your project.

 Hope to hear from you soon.

 Thank you and best regads,
 Ivan