Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How to control more than 8 ESC with paparazzi?

From: Michal Podhradsky
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How to control more than 8 ESC with paparazzi?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:28:47 -0800

Hi Hao,

you could remap some of the other pins (UART,SPI,GPIO) to PWM output since most of them have timers associated with them (I recommend having a look at the Lisa M schematics). That should give you enough ouputs. Indeed it would be at 3.3V logic, so you would need some voltage converter to make it compatible with the servos/ESC.

The drawback is that you would have to sacrifice certain IO depending on how many extra outputs you need. The software side should be pretty straightforward, you would just have to define extra PWM outputs in the board files.

Regards
Michal