Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connect AR Drone 2.0 through router, then multiple

From: cTrippen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connect AR Drone 2.0 through router, then multiple drones
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 00:38:28 -0700 (MST)

Hi there Gautier,
 Thank you for the reply.
 I would like to confirm a few things, if I may.
 At what point do you use the configure script? In the IMAV2013 document, it
telnets the whole command to the drone once paparazzi is loaded to it. Is
this the same point where I use the configure script? or can I set these
things before build/upload? I have telnet'd to the drone post upload but
couldn't find the file.

 My proposed command will be -
 ardrone.py configure_network --channel auto wifiNetworkName
desiredDroneIP(192.168.2.10) managed

 Regarding the airframe file, ard2_basic.xml, my router IP is 192.168.2.254,
so the entry in the file will be -

     line 7       <configure name="HOST" value="192.168.2.$(AC_ID)"/>

 Is the allocation of IP to the drone dynamic? and therefore successive
drones will be numbered in sequence? or does the $(AC_ID) retain its current
number? In which case, I will have to configure their default IP.

 Also, do I need to select this airframe file in the GCS? I am currently
using the ardrone2.xml from the examples folder.

 Regarding your warning, 'trouble to connect after restart', is that only if
choosing the 'autostart' option?

Thanks again
Carl