[Paparazzi-devel] UDP example please

From: JD123UAV
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] UDP example please
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 11:10:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I am trying to set up a udp connection between the ivy bus and vicon (motion
capture system similiar to Optitrack). Is there some examples how to
implement udp.c or is it as simple as #include ud.c in the headers?

I am trying to follow the natnet style (sw / ground_segment/misc /
natnetivy.c) to retrieve drone co-ordinates using a vicon_sdk and would like
to  know a couple of things:

a) is the ivy bus 127.255.255.255 port 2010 where the motion capture info of
the drone is published onto the ivy bus? line 71

b) with the upd set up is there a requirement for the following in the
airframe file configured with <configure name= "HOST" value =
"192.1681.1.$(ac id)"

c) lastly, if I am already sending drone vicon position data from a script
from a windows machine which sets up a udp connection, is it possible to
just set up a udp connection on the ivy bus (sw / ground_segment/misc /) or
can this be established on the drone itself?

thank you for any information on these questions