Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Multicopter with flightplan meander

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Multicopter with flightplan meander
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:21:53 +0100

There is a rotorcraft survey navigation module, see: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/conf/flight_plans/rotorcraft_survey.xml

Gautier

Le 27/01/2019 à 16:04, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers a écrit :

Dear all,

in the past years I have used my paparazzi plane (Twinstar II) to create photos  for cartographies in agriculture and archeology research projects. Now I want to use my paparazzi mutirotor aircraft for this to.  A college of mine has ported the paparazzi   autopilot software to the raspberry pi3 as autopilot hardware in combination with ublox GPS, Drotek IMU and i2c motor controllers.  Since the  raspberry pi has a video processor and camera interface it is possible to do the calculations I need in real-time on the aircraft. First test have proven this.

My problem is that the meander flight plans don't work on mutirotor aircraft since there use other  GPS models. Has someone ported the  meander flight plane to  use in   mutirotor aircraft ?

sincerely

Heinrich