[Paparazzi-devel] Mahomes’ 4+ TD-per-game average

From: chenyan94
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Mahomes’ 4+ TD-per-game average
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 00:22:19 -0700 (MST)

will ‘be an appetizer’ if Broncos’ secondary doesn’t tighten up If the
Broncos’ defense plays against smokin’ hot Chiefs on Monday Night Football
the way it did against the Baltimore Ravens  Dre’Mont Jones Denver Broncos
Jersey <http://www.broncosjerseyproshop.com/dremont-jones-jersey/>   , what
Patrick Mahomes has done so far to his NFL victims is going to be “just an
appetizer” compared to what he’ll do at Mile High next week, Associated
Press’s Arnie Stapleton tells Orange and Blue Radio (*editor’s note: it’s a
great interview with one of the best Broncos’ reporters, so give it a full
listen.)Listen to "Arnie Stapleton on 1st and 10 9-24-18" on
Spreaker.“They’re giving up a lot of points too,” he noted, pointing out the
Chiefs offense averages 39 points but its defense is also giving up an
average of 32 points per game. However, a more sobering stat is that the
Chiefs’ secondary is allowing an average of 8.0 yards per pass play while
the Broncos’ secondary is averaging 8.2.Yikes.So that means one simple
thing, says Stapleton.“You have to ask yourself, is this [Broncos] team
ready to win in a shootout,” Stapleton said, “and I would think looking at
yesterday, no.”There are several glaring problems with the Broncos right now
- a thin secondary, poor quarterback play and an undisciplined offensive
line.While Stapleton was disappointed to see the O-line regress in Sunday’s
game, he is more concerned about the non-existent No Fly Zone and the bad
decision-making from Case Keenum.“If the Broncos are not able to bolster
secondary, it’s going to be hard to hide that flaw against Kansas City’s
offense,” Stapleton said. “So then you have to hope you can muck it up
enough to win in a shootout - and again, Case is not playing like Case
Keenum of last year. He looks like a rookie just coming into the league.”
And with Mahomes’ 13 TDs v. 0 INTs compared to Keenum’s 3 TDs v. 5 INTs, the
“better quarterback” is obvious.The turnovers in the red zone and the bad
decisions in general are killing the offense, and it’s not as if this
offense doesn’t have major weapons with a stacked wide receiver corps, a
dynamic running game and tight ends who can work the middle of the field.
“They do have the firepower,” Stapleton said. “Can they get it all together
in eight days? Are they going to be disciplined and coached up right? Is
Billy Musgrave going to have something up his sleeve for the offense?
Because you know Andy Reid will.”These questions don’t have nice answers
right now, but the AP reporter of course believes the Broncos can turn
things around and even beat the Chiefs.The question is if they will. The
lack of discipline - which he believes starts with the coaching - is the
x-factor here. “They were ill-prepared for the setting, for the game
[against the Ravens],” Stapleton said, adding that the unraveling that
occurred midway through the second quarter was a flashback to 2017.“That
goes back to the non-discipline - and that goes back to the coaching staff
because either you’re coaching that way or you’re letting them get away with
it,” Stapleton said. “Either way  Dre’Mont Jones Denver Broncos Jersey
<http://www.thebroncosclub.com/dremont-jones-jersey/>   , you don’t have
control of the team.”But Stapleton is not all gloom and doom about the team
or its coaches. He does think Monday night is a huge test, though, to see if
this really is a different team - as they have been saying - or if it’s more
of the same 2017 implosion waiting to happen.“We let a golden opportunity
slip away ... and we’re going to have to staunch this. Last year, they fell
into that funk and couldn’t stop it for two months,” Stapleton said, adding
that the measure of a good coaching staff is if the team can get past this
loss and its poor play. “It’s a huge, huge test. I don’t care who’s coming
in Monday night. Have they made the break from last year? The way you show
that is coming out on Monday night and putting together a good game.” NFL
Insider, Benjamin Allbright, joined the crew from Orange and Blue 760 today
to talk about Denver’s offseason so far. Around the 9:00 mark, he addresses
Denver’s offensive coordinator search and the expected hiring of Rich
Scangarello.Allbright, who knows Scangarello said Denver would be getting a
great X’s and O’s coordinator who’s calling card is quarterback and wide
receiver development (know any young wide receivers who need development?).
It was Scangarello who found 49ers quarterback Nick Mullens and convinced
Kyle Shanahan to sign him as an undrafted free agent in 2017.“Coach
Scangarello, he pretty much found me,” Mullens said. “I was at East-West
Shrine game in [St. Petersburg, Florida] and I guess he liked the things
that I did in that game and in those practices. And then he followed up with
me with a phone call after that.””Then I took a visit here to the facility
in [Santa Clara, California]. The 49ers showed me the most interest all the
way through the draft process. So, in the sixth round, they gave me a call,
said they wanted to sign me as a free agent.”Allbright also credited Rich
for finding J.T. O’Sullivan while coaching at UC Davis. While not lighting
the league on fire, O’Sullivan went on to have a long football career.
Scangarello has a knack for finding guys that don’t have all the physical
tools and getting the most out of them. Lastly, while perhaps his career
path has not been the most orthodox, Allbright suggests this might actually
benefit him because “innovation in football typically occurs at the lower
levels”. It has taken the NFL years to catch on to spread trends that have
been commonplace at the lower levels of football for over a decade. Thus,
exposure to D-II and the FCS levels in the coaching ranks gives Scangarello
a broad base of experience, to pair with his knowledge of Kyle Shanahan’s
system.Be on the lookout for the news to potentially become official
tomorrow, and give the interview above a listen for some great insight on
Denver’s potential offensive coordinator.

--
Sent from: http://lists.paparazziuav.org/paparazzi-devel-f3.html