[Paparazzi-devel] Moving the paparazziuav.org server

From: Mr. Clif
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Moving the paparazziuav.org server
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:37:02 -0700

Greetings,

as some of you may know, the paparazziuav.org server has been running happily uninterrupted for over two years. The image is based on Debian Jessie which came out in 2015, is the current oldoldstable release for Debian, and will no longer be supported after the end of June 2022.

Eventually it might be good for someone to think about upgrading good old paparazzi... In the mean time I have gotten a fire lite under me to move all running VMs off this hardware so I can do maintenance on it, so I am just letting you all know that I will need to reboot the site a few times in that process. For one, the disks haven't been checked in over two years. Unfortunately ext filesystems can't be repaired while they are being used.

Anyway, hopefully if I make progress in this effort, some of you who know more about the inner workings of paparazziuav.org can help test the new instance to see if anything is broken.

    Thanks much,
    Clif