[Paparazzi-devel] CANBus / Can Bus usage with Lisa-M board

From: David Cooper
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] CANBus / Can Bus usage with Lisa-M board
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 15:58:30 +0000

This is a follow-up to a previous question I asked which no responses made to.

I would like to use the CANBus interface on the Lisa-M board to connect and communicate between to Lisa-M boards.  There is a set of CAN bus drivers in the Paparazzi source tree (sw/airborne/mcu_periph/can.c & .h, sw/airborne/arch/stm32/mcu_periph/can_arch.c & .h, and conf/module/intermcu_can.xml) and there is an intermcu class in the messages.xml.

I was hoping, with all of the above, it would be straightforward to enable the CANBus and have messages sent over it – I expected a number of intermcu message routines to be generated (similar to other messages); however, that does not look to be the case.

I have not found any documentation on the usage of the CANBus on the Wiki or other places.  Does anyone know where I can find documentation for usage of the CANBus with the Lisa-M board ?  A good start would be the address of the control registers.

David “Coop” Cooper
Maviate US Supply Inc - Sr Principal Engineer - Embedded Systems
Mobile: 1-949-463-9013