paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] latest status:

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] latest status:
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:13:33 +0200

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:44:54AM +0300, Asko Kauppi wrote:

> After today's CVS changes:
>
> OS X:
>
> + The Unicode issue is okay, well compiles at least. :)
>   If Unicode is enabled the fonts don't look right. Is this an OS X
> issue, or..?
Do you have some webspace where you could place a screenshot?

> - I still need to modify test/Makefile, test/keyboard/Makefile,
> test/fireworks/Makefile and test/colorselector/Makefile, adding the
> following to LDFLAGS= :
>
>       -Wl,-bind_at_load -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL
... because Alex has simply forgotten these Makefiles. Happens and will
be fixed, let me guess, tomorrow. ;)

> - "make install" still doesn't try sudo automatically.
>   To fix this, change in Makefile:
>
>       install: install-recursive
>   -->
>       install:
>       <tab>   sudo make install-recursive
I don't really know if this is wanted. What speaks against the user
doing "sudo make install" himself? and other projects (from what I
recall) don't do it, either. Perhaps there is a reason why it is
uncommon...

> - Still installs to /sw/... (the fink tree),  /usr/local/... would be a
> better default.
>   Where does it take that default anyhow?!
./configure --prefix=/usr/local

should help here. From the documentation it looks as if configure has a
built-in default.

Ulf

--
recursive: