paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] NetBSD okay (mostly)

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] NetBSD okay (mostly)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:41:52 +0300

14.7.2004 kello 20:35, Ulf Lorenz kirjoitti:

 On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:41:38PM +0300, Asko Kauppi wrote:

A report on the obstacles found installing ParaGUI to NetBSD 2.0 beta
can be found at:

        http://luaforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21
So what was the reason for the configure problems? Just out of interest.

Which one..=? ;) No, honestly, there's some "holes" concerning NetBSD in the ParaGUI autotools process, as has become obvious. The doc reports them best, I don't even _remember_ any more, honest..!

It was a struggle, but I'm okay doing that kind of work. My role is in the integration, and this is exactly that. I know it's painful to test one's own code - that's why I hope you value my 'nagging'.. ;) It's "all for the best", eh..

When I see a problem like "undefined reference to vtable of
SigC::BaseObject", the first thing I would guess is an internal compiler
problem. Problems with the vtable sound very internal to me. :)
Which gcc version is this?

That was ..well.. not finding libsigc++ library at linkage (-lsigc++ I think).

Also, the whole libsigc++ was a problem (mismatch of having 2.0 beta and 1.6.2 binaries.. not your concern :), eventually I had to do 'pkgsrc' & compile the whole libsigc++ by hand.

I do like "source only" (do that on Gentoo) but for NetBSD it'd take too much time. It already did. :) So part of these issues (but only few) were caused by my local system trouble. Others are general.

In an Ideal World(tm), all one would need to do is "pkg_add -v
paragui".  Do you think we'll reach that someday? ;)
<advertisement>
Well, I never had a problem under my Debian system. =:-)
</advertisement>

haha.. Do you have ParaGUI 1.1.7 coming out from -whatdoyause?- pkg_add, too?

No, honest. Then you understand my point. Which is, fink on OS X, emerge on Gentoo, and so on.. Basically, they're all the same "it just works" stuff. _Very_ nice, also for non-Debians. ;P

Ulf

--
recursive:
            see recursive