paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] Dithering

From: Christian M. Jensen
Subject: [paragui-dev] Dithering
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:49:32 -0700

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there are any facilities for on the fly dithering? I
have all my images using 24 bits plus an 8 bit alpha channel and they
are all compositing just fine, but my output device is 16 bits (565
RGB). They images look seriously banded.

I can pre-dither them but the alpha channel makes the pre-quantization
null and void because when 2 images overlap the colors change.

Any ideas?

Christian