parallel

Re: key from --bin

From: Wes Turner
Subject: Re: key from --bin
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 19:22:43 -0400

That gets it. Thanks

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020, 7:07 PM Ole Tange <ole@tange.dk> wrote:
man parset | wc -l
On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 12:29 AM Wes Turner <wes.turner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it's not easy to `grep` PDFs. Have you considered building a longer man page or an info page in addition to the PDF? (e.g. Sphinx can build man and info pages)

info parallel | wc -l

man parallel | wc -l
man env_parallel | wc -l
man parset | wc -l
man parsort | wc -l
man parallel_design | wc -l
man parallel_tutorial | wc -l
man parallel_alternatives | wc -l

In total more than 10000 lines.

The book can not be converted to info/man format without information loss.

:
> I've Ctrl-F'ed your fancy PDF for 'bin' (and 'binexpr') to no avail; it seems that there are no mentions of '--bin' either.

Are you thinking something like this:

seq 11 22 | parallel --pipe --bin 1 -j4  --tagstring {#} 'echo Key {#};cat'

The bin key is simply the job number.

/Ole