parallel

Re: Spreading parallel across nodes on HPC system

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: Spreading parallel across nodes on HPC system
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 09:01:26 +0100

Dear Ole,

I do not have the error messages in front of me at the moment, but parallel
reported that it could not detect CPUs on remote host, and was only spawning 1
job.

The solution was documented here
https://curc.readthedocs.io/en/iaasce-954_grouper/software/GNUParallel.html

I use sbatch to launch a script that is allocated 32 tasks (cores; unknown
number of hosts and CPUs per host). The script then launches 32 srun jobs. It
seems to all works well.

I'm happy to close this issue, but if it is important for your development, I
am happy to run various commands, output from 'env', etc. and share output with
you.

  -k.