paxutils-forum

multi-volume issues with tar

From: Yuval Yeret
Subject: multi-volume issues with tar
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 16:05:26 +0200

1. Does the GNU-tar multi-volume format support segments of multiple files in one volume ?

Is it possible for files other than the last in the volume to be a segment ?

I tried to understand whether this is possible from the source files but I guess I would like a more reliable answer before I try to mess around.

2. Does anyone know of a way to control what part of the file tar archives ?

for example I want to specify to tar only to archive the segment beginning at offset 20000 whose size is 10000. Is that possible without modifications to the code ?

thanks, yuval yeret

address@hidden