pem

Re: [Pem] freedesktop.org standard

From: For anything and everything about GNU Pem
Subject: Re: [Pem] freedesktop.org standard
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:41:55 +0530 (IST)

>________________________________
>From: For anything and everything about GNU Pem <address@hidden>
> Just wanted to mention Pem also runs on devices that do not have freedesktop
> such as the nanonote.
> Also not all distros have $XDG_CONFIG_HOME set. My Slackware shows nothing
> for that variable.
  Yeah, that's true! Pem even works on MS Windows, I'm not sure if Freedesktop
variables are accessible there.

> Does it mean that if we make the change and the variable is not set, pem will
> simply create
> a new directory at whatever location it was launched?

  No-no, Pem won't do that. One option is, if freedesktop variables are
defined, use them, otherwise use the default $HOME/.pem directory.
Let's see, I'll check and verify all the possible options before doing any
changes.

Thank you.

---
Regards