pem

[Pem] [GNU PEM] Fake date feature

From: For anything and everything about GNU Pem
Subject: [Pem] [GNU PEM] Fake date feature
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:35:06 +0100 (CET)

Dear PEM developer,

First of all, thank you for this amazing tool!
I use it every day for my personal income/expense tracking, and it is
really easy to use. I really like it: a simple tool for a simple task.

I have a request for a new feature: a fake date system. That idea came
to my mind because of laziness. From time to time, I dont want to
register a new expense and plan to do it the day after. When comes the
day after, I register it, but this expense get a wrong timestamp. A
single day is not a big deal, but I figured out today that I got lazy
for the last couple of months... So it could be nice to have something
like:
pem -F 28/08/2015 ThatOldExpenseIForgotAbout 10
where '-F' stands for '--fake-date' or something similar.

My first solution for the problem so far was to use 'date' program to
get a timestamp from a date and register manually my expenses in the
'~/.pem' tree... So yesterday I got into the code, learnt a bit about
perl, and get the feature. The problem is that I learnt perl yesterday,
so my solution is... well... missing of beautiness. (If you want to
review my code, I would be glad to send you a patch)

Do you plan to have such a feature for the next pem version?

Thank you again for this amazing tool!

--
Matthieu