perlsgml-dev

[Perlsgml-dev] Possible enhancements: unexpanded PEs and ref pages for P

From: Michael Smith
Subject: [Perlsgml-dev] Possible enhancements: unexpanded PEs and ref pages for PEs
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 05:04:45 -0600

Hello again,

I forgot to mention a couple of related enhancements I wanted to
suggest for making perlSGML more useful for dealing with heavily
parameterized DTDs like the DocBook DTD:

  * option to leave parameter entities unexpanded, for example in the
    dtd2html output, and especially in in dtddiff output

  * option for dtd2html to generate documentation for parameter
    entities, not just for general entities

I think the expanded/unexpanded toggle (User | DTD Element View
button) in output from Norm Walsh's DTDParse is real nice. Here's an
example:

http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~mark/docs/dtds/docbook/xml/full/4.1.2/elements/footnote.html

And DTDParse also generates some nice reference pages for each of the
parameter entities themselves:

http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~mark/docs/dtds/docbook/xml/full/4.1.2/dtdent/para.char.mix.html

Regards,

  --Mike