[Phpgroupware-developers] translation problems

From: Anders Bruun Olsen
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] translation problems
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:00:55 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking to setup PHPGroupWare for my company and need to be able to
do an install where all of the interface is in danish. I've started
translating the parts that are not yet in danish but have run into some
problems.

First I'd like to let you all know that the developer_tools translation
interface, no matter how cool it seems, is broken (in 0.9.13.018, that
should be 0.9.14RC3) as it is not possible to get your changes saved.

I've then taken to translating directly using the language files and
have run into a peculiar problem. I use the Interface/Template
linux-at-work.de where "Preferences", "Log out" and "Help" has been
translated correctly, but "Welcome" is not translated at all. I have the
phrase "welcome" translated in the danish language file for phpgwapi
(which is the only file the danish word for "help" is in, so it MUST be
that file that is used!) but it still shows up as "welcome*" (meaning it
is untranslated). So what should I do to get it to translate correctly?

I have looked into navbar.tpl for linux-at-work.de and it uses
{lang_welcome} so that looks correct to me!

This is not the only place that I have this kind of problem, but I see
no reason to start digging into the other problems until a solution for
this problem is found!

Anybody?

--
Anders