RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] security

From: Jose Cabrera
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] security
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:56:04 -0800

Hello,

"any encryption used would have to be reversible"

This is not entirely true.

Since header.inc.php is written to when installing phpGroupWare, just
add some code to encrypt the password before it is written to the file.

For the log in scripts, just have them use the same encryption on the
user submission before comparing the user submission and what is on
file.

This is a small modification and is probably worth while.

-Jose