Re: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL functionality

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL functionality
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:37:41 -0800

Very good. Thanks.

I think I also have a better way to handle the blocking of rights, and Im not sure why I didnt think of this sooner.

Instead of all this crap:

to give rights
location=.  rights=1  type=0

then to filter
location=.property_register   rights=31  type=1
location=.equipment_register  rights=31  type=1
location=.invoicehandling     rights=31  type=1
location=.service_agreements  rights=31  type=1
location=.helpdesk            rights=31  type=1
location=.project_workorder   rights=31  type=1

You could more cleanly do
to give rights
location=.  rights=1   type=0
location=.  rights=31  type=1

The second entry means that none of the rights will be inherited, but since the first is specific for that location it is the priority.

Make sense?

Sigurd Nes wrote:
So far it looks like exactly what I need.

Sigurd

Do my examples look like they would solve your needs?

Dan