Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] sitemgr - setup

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] sitemgr - setup
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:48:56 +0000

Sigurd Nes (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Two comments on setup:
>1) The name 'view' in the table 'phpgw_sitemgr_content' is a reserved
>word for mssql database

use [view] in your mssql queries to escape the field name.

>2) The datatype "auto" for  'module_id' in table
>'phpgw_sitemgr_active_modules' makes it difficult (mssql) to insert
>default values during install. - why not define the type as int and have
>a next_id function

I don't have sitemgr install, but I do code for MSSQL as well as MySql.  I
just "installed" sitemgr and I don't have either of the 2 tables you talk about
here, so I'm probably missing something.  Can you paste in the full definition
of
this "auto" datatype?  Or is that just part of the setup routine?  If it's the
later, "auto" means to make a field of type int with autoincrement, the exact
sql
for that varies by database.

For MySql that would be:
field_name int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

For MSSQL it's:
field_name int Not Null Identity (1, 1),

where (1, 1) means start counting at 1 and increment by 1.